Friday, August 19, 2011

CAS Goals For My Final School Year!

Being in the last year of IB brings along a lot of expectations and requirements, however, it's up to the student how they handle this. My plan for this last year is to maintain a good balance between academics, CAS and my freetime, although that might get a bit challenging sometimes.

Last year I thought I managed to also maintain a balance between the amount of Creativity, Action and Service I did. Because we don't have Week Without Walls this year  I realize that I have to work a little more to meet the Service requirements, but having so many options available to me, I'm sure that won't be a problem to find.

Creativity.
  • This year I'm planning on starting the drums, I have previous experience with playing them but I want to expand that knowledge and accept new challenges. I would be doing this once a week.
  • For this year's high school producation (a musical) I'm planning on helping with the costumes, giving me the freedom to design and possibly making the costumes used. From August to November.
  • Any other opportunities that come along to fullfill the Creativity requirement for CAS will definately be used.
Action.
  • I will be trying out for SAISA basketball, I was aiming on trying out for Football so it would be something different from last year, but because they changed over the seasons SAISA football would be in February, which regarding my academic work is very inconvenient.
  • To add to this I will also be going horseriding once every two weeks because I really want to maintain the level I was at.
  • This time I will post more regular updates about how the trainings went etc to watch my progress.

Service.
  • Paul, last year's leader for DAWG gave the leadership to both Mo and I, so throughout the year we will both be running that. Our main goal for DAWG is to come up with new ideas so that we raise more money for the final sterilization.
  • If I think that throughout the year I have done too little service there is always the opportunity of going on a build for Habitat or helping out at any other CAS.
  • Like last year, I will be posting updates everytime DAWG organizes/contributes to a major event.
I'm looking foward to this year and meeting many of its challenges and new experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment